We’re not telling you when, but George was born in September…a while back. To celebrate his birthday month, here are ten fun facts about George that you may not know.
1. George initially thought that the whole organic thing was a bunch of hooey. An accident with some pesticide, not to mention some nudging from his wife Cherry and daughter Hayley, convinced George to explore the possibilities. And the rest…is history.
2. George is the 5th generation to live on Reedy Fork Farm.
3. As a toddler, George was in a documentary produced by the USDA. (Read about that ***here***. https://www.reedyforkfarm.com/a-day-on-an-american-farm-in-1963/
4. George has his pilot’s license. He hasn’t flown in a long time, but that doesn’t matter, George!
5. George’s favorite dessert is cheesecake.
6. George likes to travel and he waffles back and forth between preferring camping and a hotel, depending on how tired he is.
7. George was not the first person in his family to get a college degree. Franklin actually got a bachelor’s degree in animal science from NC State.
8. George’s favorite thing on the farm is driving the tractor.
9. George was the one who advocated to buy the ***carousel type milking parlor***. https://www.reedyforkfarm.com/the-milking-parlor-turns-30/
10. George has been the chairman of the ***Guilford Soil & Water Conservation District Board*** for 20 years. https://www.guilfordcountync.gov/our-county/planning-development/soil-and-water-conservation/who-we-are
Bonus: George and Cherry once met John Mellencamp and George and Hayley have met Steve Carell.
Happy Birthday George! Best wishes from all of us to one of the absolutely best guys around.